Please join us for the regular monthly meetings of the Decorah Historic Preservation Commission on the second Tuesday of each month @ 7PM. Meetings are generally held in the Decorah Municipal Building. Agenda items are due by 5:00 on the Sunday prior to the second Tuesday of the month. Contact the DHPC Chair to submit agenda items for consideration.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and minutes are public record. At this time they are available by request.
Decorah National Historic Register Sites
If you have questions about a particular property, please contact a Commissioner.
- Broadway-Phelps Park District (added 1976) – West Broadway from Winnebago to Park Drive.
- Cooley-Whitney House (added 1978) – 305 Grove Street
- Decorah Woolen Mill (added 2001) – 107 Court Street
- Ellsworth-Porter House (added 1975) – 401 West Broadway
- Ice Cave (added 1978) – Quarry Road (Deeded to the City of Decorah 1954)
- Koren Library (added 1984) – Luther College Campus
- Luther College Farm (added 1979) – Luther College Campus
- Miller, Norris House (added 1976) – 118 North Mill Street (part of Museum Complex)
- Municipal Swimming Pool (added 2011) – 701 College Drive
- Painter-Bernatz Mill (added 1974) – 200 North Mill Street
- Steyer Bridge (added 1978) – Oneota Drive
- Steyer Opera House (added 1980) – 102-104 West Water Street
The Decorah Historic Preservation Commission
|Philip Younger, Chair||502 East Broadway||June 'email@example.com|
|Mark Z. Muggli, Sec||722 Washington Street||June 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Susan Jacobsen||808 Maple Street||June 'email@example.com|
|Lisa Beiwel||202 Main Street||June 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Judd W. Larson||605 West Water Street||June 'email@example.com|
|Diane Scholl||806 Day Street||June 'firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Frydenlund||114 Rural Avenue||June 'email@example.com|
Mayor appointment with Council approval Meets 2nd Tuesday of month, City Hall Council Chambers, 7:00 p.m.
3 year staggered terms – 7 members