Each fall, the City of Decorah offers free curbside leaf collection. During dates established by the City’s Street Department, residents are allowed to push leaves into City streets (along the curbside). Residents may also drop off leaves at the City’s Yard Waste Site.
Here are a few tips that should make the process go smoothly and efficiently for the crews:
- Drop off leaves at the City’s Yard Waste Site on Trout Run Road.
- Scheduled pickup of leaves deposited along the curbside of City streets. 2021 Schedule
Preparing Your Leaves
- Rake leaves in a pile on the street along the curb area in front of your house.
- Rake only leaves into piles. The City cannot pick up other types of yard waste such as sticks, brush, and garden refuse
- Rake leaves into windrow piles. It slows the crews down to have to look for and handle multiple small leaf piles.
- Parked cars hamper leaf pickup, please be considerate when parking on the street and avoid parking near leaf piles.
Some Final Reminders
- Despite all advanced preparation, adherence to these schedules depends on weather and equipment functioning properly. Equipment breakdowns and heavy rains can slow progress, and snowstorms late in the cycle can curtail the program.