Hours of Operation
The City of Decorah Yard Waste Site is currently open the following hours:
- Wednesdays: 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM
- Saturdays: 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Residents who wish to access the Yard Waste Site outside of normal operating hours may check out a key from City Hall (400 Claiborne Drive). City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. There will no longer be keys available at the Street Department.
As a reminder, only yard waste that originates from within Decorah City Limits can be deposited the Yard Waste Site. However, residents and non-residents are welcome to take wood chips, compost, and/or firewood from the site.
LOADING OF FREE COMPOST AND WOOD CHIPS!!!
Check back for future dates.
City residents and non-residents may pick up material.
Loading of material will be made available by Street Department end loader.
The Yard Waste Site Located on Trout Run Road 1/4 mile south of Hwy 9 will accept waste only from properties within the City limits which are hauled to the site by residents of the City of Decorah.
The Site has three distinct areas for yard waste. They are :
- Grass clippings, leaves, and garden waste;
- Sticks, twigs, and branches;
- All residents are responsible for separating and depositing their yard waste into the appropriate areas.
- All tree branches and brush must be cut into lengths that do not exceed eight feet.
- All commercial brush must be chipped or ground before depositing at compost site.
- Trees over six inches in diameter will not be accepted unless cut in lengths less than twenty inches and placed in the firewood pile.
- During the hours of operation, wood chips, composted material, and firewood will be available at no charge to anyone regardless of where they reside.
- Any other waste, trash, or rubbish not identified above will not be accepted. Included among the prohibited items are: processed lumber, rock, concrete, roots, plastic bags, cardboard boxes or any other containers.