OwnerDahlquist and Svendsen
Address101 College Drive Decorah, IA 52101
Architectural StyleMidcentury Modern
Tour TypeOther Altfillisch Properties
This building, originally identified as 120 Bridge St. and in another place as “on Leiv Erickson Drive,” was designed by Altfillisch for Drs. R. N. Dahlquist and R. H. Svendsen. As the attached ad from the August 6, 1951 Decorah Public Opinion shows, the original building was an elegant, minimalist Midcentury Modern design. Since then, a number of windows have been blocked and a steep pitched roof has greatly altered the building’s original look.