Hours of Operation
Regular Hours...March thru November
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - Noon
Extended Spring Hours
March & April --weekdays (8 a.m.-3 p.m.)
Extended Fall Hours
October & November--- weekdays (8 a.m.-3 p.m.)
Closed December thru February
FREE COMPOST AND WOOD CHIPS!!!
Friday, May 11, 2018 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:00 am - NOON
Open to city residents and non-residents.
Loading of material will be made available by street department end loader.
The Yard Waste Site Located on Trout Run Road 1/4 mile south of Hwy 9 will accept waste only from properties within the City limits which are hauled to the site by residents of the City of Decorah.
The Site has three distinct areas for yard waste. They are :
- Grass clippings, leaves, and garden waste;
- Sticks, twigs, and branches;
- All residents are responsible for separating and depositing their yard waste into the appropriate areas.
- All tree branches and brush must be cut into lengths that do not exceed eight feet.
- All commercial brush must be chipped or ground before depositing at compost site.
- Trees over six inches in diameter will not be accepted unless cut in lengths less than twenty inches and placed in the firewood pile.
- During the hours of operation, wood chips, composted material, and firewood will be available at no charge to anyone regardless of where they reside.
- Any other waste, trash, or rubbish not identified above will not be accepted. Included among the prohibited items are: processed lumber, rock, concrete, roots, plastic bags, cardboard boxes or any other containers.
- From October 1 - November 15 each year loose leaves only may be left at the City Street Shop, 108 Railroad Ave. for disposal.
- Two giveaway days a year with equipment to assist in loading will be available for anyone that would like free compost, wood chips or firewood.